Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

loose stools

(6 Posts)
newton Thu 26-May-05 09:45:02

Hi, my nearly 8 month old already has 2 bottom teeth and has recently been doing lots of dribbling, pulling at gums etc. But yesterday she started soiling her nappy numerous times. In herself she appears to be fine, smiling, playing and energetic.I was advised to stop feeding as it may be a tummy bug, but surely she would feel poorly!! Could it be as a result of teething and therefore I continue with feeding??? Any suggestions???

Lonelymum Thu 26-May-05 09:46:02

How many times? How loose? Colour? Smell? Sorry, just need some more information before I could comment.

newton Thu 26-May-05 18:37:02

yellow in colour, and 6 times now, lumps of veggies and now like cottage cheese.

Saacsmum Thu 26-May-05 21:47:38

if she is eating and drinking happily then continue to let her. do keep a diary or record of the food she is having just in case it is related to that. if she develops a temp or goes off her food then perhaps get her checked out but while she is happy I would just let it run its course. while teething doesnt actually cause diarhoea it does create excess saliva which can make bowel motions looser.

dinny Thu 26-May-05 22:02:57

Newton, ds's poos were like this recently (he's 8.5 months). Had no temp or anything. Was getting a bit worried then six teeth appeared. Is your dd breastfed? My dd wasn't at this stage and her teething poos were more greeny/gritty than ds's (who is bf).

ja9 Fri 27-May-05 12:26:01

newton, r u in scotland?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now