Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

itchy hands - diagnose me

(11 Posts)
Tortington Wed 12-Aug-09 09:40:56

what is it? its driving me nuts

and google doesn't help

shootfromthehip Wed 12-Aug-09 09:42:14

Allergies start that way with me. Have been using a new... well anything really?

Tortington Wed 12-Aug-09 09:49:31

change my diet significantly - if thats allit is - i;ll live - just didn't want it to be an obvious sign of high blood pressure or diabetes or anthingn

HolidaysQueen Wed 12-Aug-09 09:53:25

dry skin? i get very itchy when my skin is dry. try moisturising every time you wash your hans, before bed etc. and see if that works

VinegarTits Wed 12-Aug-09 09:56:48

<dons headscarf and crystal ball> Your coming into money

ellagrace Wed 12-Aug-09 10:04:58

don't know if you have young baby - steriliser fluids are a big culprit for dry itchy hands. may well be a product. lots of moisturiser.

though i like VT's diagnosis best wink

ellagrace Wed 12-Aug-09 10:05:20

hmm but one hand is coming into money one is parting with it

Tortington Wed 12-Aug-09 10:15:36

your all insane!

VinegarTits Wed 12-Aug-09 10:17:43

Right hand: recieving money

Left hand: its leaving you

my left hand is always ichy

MaryBS Wed 12-Aug-09 10:21:52

Any other symptoms? Rash? Itchy soles of feet? Tiredness?

Like others have said, change of diet, washing up liquid, washing stuff, soap, etc.

amarantha Sat 15-Aug-09 11:22:10

It could be eczema I get a really itchy right hand (nothing to do with getting money, I wish) I get little bumps that resemble blisters and weep a clear fluid if I pop them .try going to the docs for some cream. Mine is caused by stress and sulphites in foods, wine or cider but its taken me 4 years to work that out. Hope this helps. x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now