Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

UPDATE on Mr Lisad 4 months on from cancer

(21 Posts)
lisad123 Tue 04-Aug-09 23:26:19

Thought I should do an update.

Well in 4 months a lot has happened, but both me and Darren are back to work.
Darrens chemo seems to be working well, although his next BIG results are on 19th.
He still gets tired but other than that, you wouldnt really know.
Darren was very unwell for about 6 weeks in June but he got over that.

Living with cancer is a real PITA but you do get used to it. T and Jaz are doing well and although T still talks about when Darren was very poorly and she knows he is still sick, shes doing well.

We have made some big changes in our life. Loads of veggies, bikes and trailers and even brought a tent (going aboard isnt a choice atm)

D is due another Bone marrow test next month too.

Oh and me and my girls did Race for life and raised over £500

Hope this might give someone else hope in difficult times, and just wanted to thank MN for so much support.

Lx

pipsqueak Tue 04-Aug-09 23:39:03

that is really positive news - well done for keeping positive and the fund raising etc ... fingers and toes all crossed for 19th !

lisad123 Tue 04-Aug-09 23:44:25

thanks we try. I was just re readiing my orignal thread and just made me think about how much we went though at the time (and now), and how much support everyone gave.

BitOfFun Tue 04-Aug-09 23:46:58

Glad to hear you're doing well - you're in my thoughts smile

elkiedee Wed 05-Aug-09 00:24:58

I'm sorry Lisa, I've been focusing on different parts of mn recently and not looking at Active Threads very much and I had no idea about this. Sorry to hear that D has cancer and I hope those test results are good.

bellavita Wed 05-Aug-09 00:26:30

So glad things are looking up for you and your family smile

lisad123 Wed 05-Aug-09 21:36:17

elkiedee no need to say sorry

FlightHattendant Wed 05-Aug-09 21:39:10

Oh lovely to have an update sweetie

I was wondering how you all were. How far is he through the chemo?

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Wed 05-Aug-09 21:39:16

Great, great news Lisa.

Hurrah for d smile

lisad123 Wed 05-Aug-09 21:42:16

we are 4 months into chemo. Its odd as he doesnt have a break from it, its daily chemo and forever but we are used to it.

FlightHattendant Wed 05-Aug-09 21:49:44

Forever, literally? Oh gosh. That must feel like hard work. Thoroughly worthwhile hard work, mind, but still.

Keeping you in my thoughts {{xx}}

lisad123 Wed 05-Aug-09 22:00:53

well unless they stop working and he has to have a BMT, yep forever.

FlightHattendant Wed 05-Aug-09 22:07:12

Oh I see. No it makes sense now, sorry. I am v ignorant, head full of stuff about skin cancer atm (not me) which is totally different thing.

I am really impressed that you are both back at work. smile and v glad the chemo is working.

Hassled Wed 05-Aug-09 22:10:28

Glad to hear you're getting more used to things and settling into the new regime - the daily chemo must be a real pain, though.

EccentricaGallumbits Wed 05-Aug-09 22:13:05

Thanks for the update. Such good news that you are all doing well. Enjoy tenting grin

lisad123 Wed 05-Aug-09 22:26:45

hope its not too bad flight whoever it is. Cancer sucks but you do get though it and learn to live with it, just different is all.

FlightHattendant Wed 05-Aug-09 22:28:07

Thanks Lisa, it's my friend - I hope she'll be Ok too smile

hippipotamiHasLost54lbs Wed 05-Aug-09 22:28:54

Thanks for the update - I am glad D is doing well at the moment. smile

pinotmonster Wed 05-Aug-09 23:14:16

Hi Lisa, lovely to read your update. Thanks for last email, I will respond soon!!!

And you're right, you do get used to living with it!!!

Enjoy camping!!!

ThingOne Thu 06-Aug-09 22:49:15

Glad to read your update Lisa. Being back at work sounds great!

lisad123 Thu 06-Aug-09 22:50:39

work keeps the mind off it (somedays)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now