Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Christ on a bike, I feel dreadful! This doesn't sound like flu (pig or otherwise) does it?

(100 Posts)
OracleInaCoracle Tue 14-Jul-09 12:33:10

Have been sent home from work ill, only my second week, but have cold sweats, achey, headache, sore eyes, stuffy/runny nose and the beginning of a sore throat. have upset tummy and feel v sick. god, I'm ill!

poshwellies Tue 14-Jul-09 12:42:45

Sounds like the symptoms of swine flu lissie.sad

Phone NHS if you are worried.

Am sat here wondering if I have the start of it,got a sore throat,feel hot and I can feel my head and chest beginning to ache.PANTS!.

OracleInaCoracle Tue 14-Jul-09 12:52:16

do you think? dont have a cough, but do have sneezes. its pants, im rubbish at being ill too!

lucykate Tue 14-Jul-09 12:56:59

we've been given a letter by dd's school, there is at least 1 confirmed case there, that if you have symptoms, ring your gp, and they are now diagnosing over the phone, although how they can say for definite without swabbing is beyond me!

CountessDracula Tue 14-Jul-09 12:58:46

Do you have a temp?
I have had all those things but no temp so figure was not sf
I did/do feel appalling though

OhYouBadBadKitten Tue 14-Jul-09 13:04:07

lissie, cough may come later. Has it come on quickly?

CountessDracula Tue 14-Jul-09 13:06:36

(though I was dosing up on paracetomal/nurofen so I guess that could have suppressed temp)

Rhubarb Tue 14-Jul-09 13:08:40

The common link with swine flu are the sore throats. Nearly everyone has flu symptoms along with a sore throat.

But they do say that the majority of people will get a mild illness and it will go after a couple of days.

OracleInaCoracle Tue 14-Jul-09 13:08:56

thanks, have a temp and work in Iceland on till, lots of cases round here so will almost def have been exposed. have felt off colour for a cday or so, but woke up this morning feeling 200x worse. may ring gp up.

OmicronPersei8 Tue 14-Jul-09 13:09:27

DD has had swine ful this week, the cough came last of all for her - I didn't think it was until then.

OracleInaCoracle Tue 14-Jul-09 13:09:53

and no appetite, but thats not uncommon for me.

OmicronPersei8 Tue 14-Jul-09 13:10:01

swine flu even.. I'm a little stir-crazy and sleep-deprived.

CountessDracula Tue 14-Jul-09 13:11:08

well if you have temp of 38+ they will say you have it
take to your bed with paracetomal/nurofen
poor thing

OracleInaCoracle Tue 14-Jul-09 13:13:27

aw thanks. buggeration. thats me written off for the week then. and its dh's football presentation on friday. wanted a new frock for it <sulk> looks like i wont even be going!

OhYouBadBadKitten Tue 14-Jul-09 13:24:07

Do you have any conditions where you need to contact gp? if not - get someone to get supplies in and hole up. hope you feel better soon.

CountessDracula Tue 14-Jul-09 13:25:35

though interestingly I have found this which says some people have swine flu with no temp

so maybe i did have it

pooka Tue 14-Jul-09 13:29:19

I was going to post to say that I'd read that swine flu can present with no temperature.

I'm still really unsure whether the children had it last week. They had slight temps - i.e. about 38 which isn't epecially hot for them. Sore throat. Lack of appetite. But generally realsonably perky compared with the seasonal flu they had before christmas. I dunno...

CountessDracula Tue 14-Jul-09 13:36:40

well i have had
major sore throat
shivers
utter exhaustion (in bed for 3 days)
headache
now runny nose, more sore throat etc
starting to feel a tiny bit better
I assumed was not sf as no temp but I guess that may now not be the case

noddyholder Tue 14-Jul-09 13:38:45

CD have you taken the tamiflu?

CountessDracula Tue 14-Jul-09 13:45:14

no, I didn't get it as I didn't have a temp!

I am over the worst of it now (still feel shocking but no nearly as bad as I did)
Dh says we should get the tamiflu anyway

RubberDuck Tue 14-Jul-09 13:47:06

Hmm, we all had major sore throat, utter exhaustion, aches and general severe cold symptoms a fortnight a go. Ds2 also got a bit of a dodgy tummy with it but not severely so.

We're in a high swine flu area, but we never had any temperatures. Thought the fever was the defining characteristic? Would be good if we'd got it out the way with a mild version (though I still think it was probably just a nasty cold).

RubberDuck Tue 14-Jul-09 13:47:44

Tamiflu is generally only effective if you start taking it early on though, no?

CountessDracula Tue 14-Jul-09 13:49:04

yy too late for it now for me

Rubberduck as I had the same symptoms as you I will let you know if they confirm I have had it

atlantis Tue 14-Jul-09 13:50:20

Barbed wire throat
Feeling hot/ flushed/ not temp
Blocked nose
Green sludge !
Dizziness
Fatigue
now runny nose
6 days AND COUNTING!!

Dr says it's SF. Not testing though.

Thought I was getting better but now the runny nose?Blow/blow/blow !

Not taken Tamiflu as have allegies to medications.

How long does this thing last?

Metella Tue 14-Jul-09 13:51:21

So far, we've had:

Ds2 with vomiting, very clammy (no real temp), cough and runny nose.

Ds1 with a cough and sniffles.

Me feeling exhausted and with a terrible headache, cough and feeling really hot.

This isn't it surely?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now