Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

can someone come and talk to me about bunions?

(3 Posts)
flier Sat 11-Jul-09 19:07:57

I think I have one but don't know what I can do about it - should i book an appointmrnt with a chirpopdist or will it be a waste of time?

twoisplenty Sat 11-Jul-09 19:11:19

A bunion is the bones of the big toe joint bulging out, so a chiropodist will only deal with any problems with shoes, ie padding up the bunion to avoid chafing with shoes.

But there is a home "remedy" that can help reduce the size of the bunion ie push the bones back in place a little. Put some olive oil over the bunion and rub for 10 minutes every night. You can do it absentmindedly whilst watching tv for example. Run it with good pressure. Hey presto!


flier Sat 11-Jul-09 19:14:18

I'll try that tonight. thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now