Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Chickenpox scabs

(6 Posts)
Alibobster Thu 09-Jul-09 14:24:05

Anyone have any suggestions on how I get speed up getting rid of chickenpox scabs. Caught chickenpox on Monday but I'm lucky in that they're all drying up now.Unfortunately my face and neck have suffered the most and are in a really really awful state. Any ideas would be appreciated.

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Thu 09-Jul-09 14:27:10

Don't pick them! I don't think there's alot you can do about scabs, they are protecting the wounds underneith to give the skin time to heal. I don't know if bio oil can help when the scabs fall off, you could try that, it may help the redness/dryness underneith the scabs.

Alibobster Thu 09-Jul-09 14:33:55

Thanks Fluffy, I've asked dh to get me some bio oil- i've only been in the house since Monday and it's driving me mad already. I've got a 3 year old ds and it will be hard going if we're housebound for another week

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Thu 09-Jul-09 14:58:31

sad

Chicken pox is hard at any age, I wouldn't want to get it again, especially not as an adult.

Alibobster Thu 09-Jul-09 15:02:09

I'm going to be 35 on Sunday! I really thought I was lucky and that I would never catch it- That's what I get for being cocky

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Thu 09-Jul-09 15:22:59

sad It's worse if you get it as an adult. I'm so pleased you are on the mend now. At least you've had it hey!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now