Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Not even entertaining going to the GP

(11 Posts)
FabBakerGirlIsBack Wed 24-Jun-09 15:59:44

I posted a few days ago about my knees hurting. When I bend down I am gritting my teeth with the pain when getting up again and going down the stairs is painful and I can feel the bones aching.

I am trying to lose weight as I am 2 stone heavier than BC but is there anything I should be doing to stop it getting worse and/or causing irreparable damage?

JackBauer Wed 24-Jun-09 16:37:04

Have you been excercising or anything? I am overweight and if I run with my trainers not done up properly or on grass the front of my legs from the knee to the mid calf ache like buggery for ages and bending is agony.

Does ibuprofen help? if it does then it might just be a muscle strain and will go on it's own.

cornsilk Wed 24-Jun-09 16:38:08

I get painful joints if I don't exercise.

JackBauer Wed 24-Jun-09 16:40:07

Helpful xposts there! Take your pick FBGgrin

Sheeta Wed 24-Jun-09 16:40:13

i have this, I find it's better if I exercise.

Make sure you have good shoes and take an anti-inflammatory if this helps.

Biggest advice I can give is try not to favour one leg over the other, otherwise you'll make it worse.

FabBakerGirlIsBack Wed 24-Jun-09 16:48:01

It has started since I have been exercising and I guess doing it bare feet hasn't helped. hmm

Should I wait for the pain to go to start exercising again or just do it? It has been a week since I did my dvd but I have been walking to school and back for the last three days which is 3/4 of a mile each way.

gegs73 Wed 24-Jun-09 16:51:49

My Stepdad had bad knees and he had physio on them referred by doc. They gave him some special exercises and they are alot better. You could probably find the sort of ones to do on the internet if you searched.

JackBauer Wed 24-Jun-09 16:53:58

Have you been stretching properly? it bores me rigid but really does make a difference!
And wear trainers!

My bro said that it hurt when I ran on grass as the ground wasn't supporting me properly and my knees would be twisting ever so slightly. As soon as I started only running on pavements I was fine.
So I woudl do the dvd with trainers ona nd see if that helps TBH.

FabBakerGirlIsBack Wed 24-Jun-09 16:55:56

I feel like I am falling about as my wrist is really hurting too but I have done loads of cleaning today and it could be that I suppose though it has felt weak for a while.

traceybath Wed 24-Jun-09 16:59:41

What about some type of fish oil supplements to help your joints?

FabBakerGirlIsBack Wed 24-Jun-09 17:12:14

That sounds like a good idea. Can you recommend any?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now