Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Help please - DH needs repeat LFT bloods - Epilepsy

(4 Posts)

My DH is Epileptic and on carbamazapine (sp?!)

As part of the annual review the surgery now does a few months ago he went in and had bloods done, heard nowt - went to pick up his repeats prescription from Lloyds this morning and there's a note in it ( nowt like confidentiality is there?! hmm ) saying he needs to book another LFT.

Why would this be? What might have shown up? Am determined to not google this though as might scare ourselves grin

swampster Mon 08-Jun-09 21:15:52

Perhaps they cocked up the original sample hence you heard nothing back? I had to take my baby in three times for bloods because the samples kept clotting. I hope it is something as benign as this in your case.

ah yes hadn't thought of that being a possiblity, thank you

careergirl Tue 09-Jun-09 22:34:29

i have exactly the same blood test done on a regular basis - also on carbamazepine - one test showed borderline abnormality so they ran a similar test a few weeks later which proved normal. This may be the case here.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now