Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Has anyone tried "Bowen Therapy" for a sore back

(9 Posts)
ssd Thu 04-Jun-09 11:38:35

did it work?

any advice appreciated!

meakin Thu 04-Jun-09 23:42:03

I had 2 sessions for dodgy knee. It worked in that it got better after a week but I don't know if it would have anyway. It got a lot worse in that week before it go better but I was warned it would.
Although it seems at the time that nothing is happening, I think it does something as I alway have squint shoulders (clothes hang off one side) but for about a month afterwards this was fixed.
Gone back to squint self now.
If you can afford to experiment give it a go - it won't do anyharm.

Hangingbellyofbabylon Thu 04-Jun-09 23:58:20

I am trained in Bowen Technique so a bit biased but would recommend it thoroughly - it is gentle but very effective. I found Bowen as I had a very bad back and had been going to a chiropractor every single week for a year with no real success. Bowen sorted me out in 4 sessions and my back has never been as bad since. Well worth giving it a go but do try to have at least 3/4 sessions to get the maximum benefit. smile

MrsBonJovi Fri 05-Jun-09 00:00:33

I went once and it helped a bit for a sore neck but I couldnt afford follow up treatement. Its a very strange therapy...i didnt know what to expect. May be worth trying,

Hangingbellyofbabylon Fri 05-Jun-09 00:07:26

worth checking prices as well as they do vary - I charge £20/session if you're anywhere near Bournemouth grin.

ssd Fri 05-Jun-09 08:55:56

I've been quoted £50!

morethanyoubargainfor Fri 05-Jun-09 09:04:11

can i just ask what is the Bowen therapy? i ask as i have a very bad back injury from 15 years ago, and curently having a bad spell, (not being able to stand straight an dit takes me up to 25 mins to get off couch etc)
so am intrested in anything new.

aprilflowers Fri 05-Jun-09 23:45:22

yes - really helped me

gremlindolphin Wed 10-Jun-09 22:06:01

I had Bowen for facial paralysis after an operation - it was fantastic, really interesting and I enjoyed it a lot.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now