Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Acne/Spots on back....arrgh! Why? and how to get rid....?

(7 Posts)
notyummy Thu 28-May-09 20:45:53

For the past couple of months I have been getting loads of spots on my upper back and shoulders. I exercise a fair amount and this area does get sweaty - but I shower within 20 minutes of finishing exercise. I haven't used any products as some of the spots are in a hard to reach area and I don't know what to use. I haven't changed contraception or anything like that (use the copper coil)

Can anyone shed some light on to what causes spots in this area and how I can treat them?

Having worked so hard to have a reasonably toned upper body, I now have to hid it away as the summer starts. angry

notyummy Fri 29-May-09 10:08:23

Bump

notyummy Fri 29-May-09 11:19:49

bump

notyummy Fri 29-May-09 19:34:36

bump

girlandboy Fri 29-May-09 19:37:22

Watching with interest because if there is a solution then I want to know.

I've had spots there for as long as I can remember.sad

JoeJoe1977 Fri 29-May-09 20:50:39

I'm watching this too....

I do find that it's worse if i have hot showers.

notyummy Fri 26-Jun-09 09:54:55

For the posters who had the same problem....a progress report!

I have been assiduously washing my back with a neutrogena anti-spot wash, and alternating with a clearasil one. I also used Oxy 10 cleansing pads - these were very drying, so I am now only using them on a area where there is a spot, rather than preventatively IFYSWIM. Also got a cream called Quinoderm from the pharmacist and have been applying.None of these were expensive.

Read a magazine article saying that exfoliation was key, so have been using a long handled brush covered in the anti-spot wash to have a go at my back every couple of days. Have also ordered Clinique anti blemish body spray, which was recommended in a magazine article for reducing oil on the back - it hasn't arrived yet so I can't comment.

And....they are a lot better! Not completely gone, and I still have red patches where old ones were, plus a few small ones cropping up. Overall though, a big improvement. I just have to remember to keep the regime up I think, particularly in the summer heat.

Hope that helps.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now