Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Bits in POO!

(6 Posts)
ChocCake Fri 15-Apr-05 15:41:09

My DS is 7-weeks old. He's been having VERY runny poo for the last 2 weeks (yellowish) and over the past few days, I've noticed the change of colour to sort of dark green. And yesterday, there were like yellowish BITS in with the poo!

Is this normal?
(not been to doc about this) but seeing doc next Tuesday for his jabs, so will ask then.. but in the meantime....
just wondering if anyone had the same experience

misdee Fri 15-Apr-05 15:43:30

my dd's poo (she is breastfed) is orange coloured with 'scrambled eggs' bits in it (no i havbent fed her scrambled eggs, that what it looks like). think its normal.

Franglaise Fri 15-Apr-05 15:51:06

Milk clots, don't worry about it!

MamaMaiasaura Fri 15-Apr-05 16:02:09

wait till you wean him and feed him bananas .. that will really freak ya out!

SPARKLER1 Fri 15-Apr-05 16:37:47

Choccake - are you breastfeeding? Breastfed babies tend to have yellowish, runnier poo than bottlefed. It looks like it has bits of "bird seed" in it too. As for the green bits - I think they say that means that baby is feeding but only get the foremilk and not enough of the the rest. I'm no expert but remember being told these things when I was BF my two dds. HTH.

ChocCake Sat 16-Apr-05 18:04:23

NO, I'm not breastfeeding. He's solely bottle fed. How strange...!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now