Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Having op tomorrow. Eeeek!

(23 Posts)
pixel Thu 14-Apr-05 23:46:49

Having breast lump removed tomorrow. My first ever operation and I'm NOT NOT NOT looking forward to it. I've got to be at the hospital at 8.30 in the morning and I'm supposed to be getting a bag ready etc, but here I am - on mumsnet!

At this rate I'll be so exhausted I won't need an anaesthetic.

ChicPea Thu 14-Apr-05 23:55:22

Good luck with op and results.

sallyenglebertstrawberry Thu 14-Apr-05 23:55:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PuffTheMagicDragon Thu 14-Apr-05 23:56:12

Good luck pixel

Try to get some sleep!

ScummyMummy Thu 14-Apr-05 23:56:51

Good luck, pixel. Hope it goes well.

hunkersneakymunker Thu 14-Apr-05 23:58:12

Good luck, Pixel - will be thinking of you xxxxxx

MamaMaiasaura Fri 15-Apr-05 00:01:54

Good luck pixel xxx hope it all goes ok for you

RTKangaMummy Fri 15-Apr-05 00:02:16

good luck pixel

cyberhugs {{{{{{{{{{}}}}}}}}}

and positive vibes +++++++++++++++++++++

pixel Fri 15-Apr-05 00:21:50

Ahh thanks everyone. I just want to get it over with now and I've started worrying that there won't be a bed for me and all my complicated organizing will be for nothing. I've got friend taking me to hospital, dh seeing ds off on his minibus, stepdad taking dd to school (dh can't drive), mum feeding my pony. Then dh is collecting kids from school(on bus) but mum is looking after them while he goes to work, then stepdad is picking me up from hospital. Phew!

Suppose I'd better get sorted out and off to bed. Hope I don't have nightmares!

RTKangaMummy Fri 15-Apr-05 00:23:38

Yes go to bed

Potty1 Fri 15-Apr-05 08:41:33

You'll have left by now - but GOOD LUCK!!

anchovies Fri 15-Apr-05 08:50:29

Only just seen this pixel and know you'll already be there but hope everything goes well. Let me know cos mines next wednesday and I'm dreading it too! Take care and defo take it easy for a while xxx

LGJ Fri 15-Apr-05 08:57:45

Good Luck, we are all rooting for you

God Bless

LGJ

suedonim Fri 15-Apr-05 16:09:23

Hope it all went well, Pixel.

pindy Fri 15-Apr-05 16:36:48

Good luck - hope it all went well and you are soon feeling much better.

Arabica Fri 15-Apr-05 21:32:11

Hope everything went OK Pixel and good luck.

Blossomhill Fri 15-Apr-05 21:34:49

Hope it all went well Pixel xxx

pixel Sat 16-Apr-05 22:43:19

Hi everyone. Well I'm still here! Thank goodness that's over!

Anchovies, it wasn't so bad honestly and I haven't even needed to take the painkillers they sent me home with. Having the wire put in to guide the surgeon was the worst bit and it didn't hurt, just a lot of pushing. I don't know if everyone has that done but there was another lady having the same op and she had a wire too so it could be standard procedure. Not sure.

Me and the other lady arrived together and stayed together all day. luckily we both had the same warped sense of humour so managed to have a giggle even though we were nervous. There was plenty of time unfortunately as there was a shortage of beds and we spent a lot of time in the day room while they juggled people around. We are both getting our results at the same time (26th April)so I will see her again. I'm glad because we really seemed to click straight away.

There shouldn't be any pain when you wake up because they give you a local anaesthetic, and I only felt headachy and sick because I hadn't eaten for so long. A couple of cups of tea and some lunch and I was ready for home. I feel fine today except a bit 'hungover' and tired.

It really wasn't nearly as bad as I expected. I will be thinking of you on wednesday and sending vibes!

Thanks everyone for the lovely messages.

RTKangaMummy Sat 16-Apr-05 22:45:37

good to see you back

LGJ Sat 16-Apr-05 22:55:17

Delighted to see you.

LGJ Sat 16-Apr-05 22:55:34

so to speak

anchovies Sun 17-Apr-05 08:22:03

Hi Pixel

So glad it was ok! It's nice hearing that there's nothing to worry about! Shame it sounds so easy really, I was planning on milking it for about a week! Not long til you get your results either which is good.

Will report back after wednesday, will be glad when our lump sagas are over!

LGJ Sun 17-Apr-05 08:24:26

anchovies, a girl after my own heart

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now