Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

My babies cured my alopaecia (but did not teach me how to spell it, apologies)

(2 Posts)
lingle Tue 07-Oct-08 18:05:22

Just in case any fellow-sufferers of hair-loss are out there reading the thread about hair loss after pregnancy and trembling with anxiety, I thought I'd post a good news story.

I suffered diffuse alopaecia (basically my hair went from thick to horribly thin ("sparse")) when I was 20. I saw a tricologist at 30 who said that the best treatment would be pregnancy. I got pregnant at 31 and the hair thickened. I lost some after the birth but there was an overall improvement and my hairdresser was thrilled. It got thicker again in the second pregnancy. DS2 is now 3 and I've lost none at all! My hairdresser is even more thrilled! I officially no longer have thin hair. I can look at photographs of the top of my head without cringing.

Shame the babies didn't have a similarly miraculous effect on my stomach....

Jill458 Tue 07-Oct-08 18:08:16

That is great lingle! My mum suffered from alopaecia (caused by traumatic event) a while ago. It is a horribly embarrassing condition but because not 'life threatening' the devastation it can cause is not always understood. I'm so glad your hair has thickened up smile I know what you mean about the stomach through wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now