Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Heavy periods (and painful) since birth.

(4 Posts)
pamelat Tue 23-Sep-08 13:02:00

DD now 8 months old.

Birth was not overly traumatic, she was back to back and had to have an epidural but no stitches etc. I felt ok within days.

Periods came back when DD was 5 months old (and I had cut down on breast feeding).

Since then they have been about every 2 weeks, very heavy and painful (mainly where the epidural was)

I went to the GP initially and she changed my pill back to Mercillon (and I stopped breast feeding) but they are still as bad/frequent.

I also feel quite sick and dizzy when they arrive.

Is this just something to accept as part of life?

squeaver Tue 23-Sep-08 13:20:57

I had very heavy, painful periods after having dd (she was a csection). Went back on the pill for a while but GP didn't want me to stay on it because of my age (yes I am old).

I also saw a consultant and was assured that this is quite common after a pregnancy (nothing to do with the birth). Anyway I now have the Mirena coil. Not planning to have any more dcs so it's great for long-term contraception and I have no periods at all.

I think you should go back to your doctor and see what other options are available to cope with it. You certainly shouldn't have to put up with it.

VeniVidiVickiQV Tue 23-Sep-08 13:22:18

No, dont accept it. Go back to the GP and get a referral to a gynaecologist.

pamelat Tue 23-Sep-08 13:24:39

Thank you.

I am keen to get pregnant again soon (within the next 6 months) will ask about the coil or some other options.

Will go back and see a female GP. Know its a bit childish but always prefer to talk to a woman about these things.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now