Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

DPT Vacination advise please

(1 Post)
Eaney Fri 25-Feb-05 15:43:36

My new born baby is due the DPT in about 4 weeks. I explained to HV that I was concerned as my first boy had a very bad reaction (more than 90% of his body became inflamed red and weeping causing hime ot lose body heat). We later discovered that he has serious allergies to a number of things one of which is egg. In hindsight his reaction was probably an allergic reaction.
Two of my nephews also had serious reactions to the DPT one needing a steroid injection to get his breathing going again.

I want to vacinate my newborn but want to do it the least agressive and safest way possible. For example I would like to wait until she is a bit older than 2 months to give it to her. Has anyone any thoughts on this? I am breastfeeding if that helps with her imunity.

My HV has arranged a meeting with the consultant in charge of immunisations in our area where I can explain my concerns. Not sure how this will help. I think the only thing they can offer is to vacinate in hospital and observe for a couple of hours. My first boy and my nephew both reacted about 24-48 hours after the vacinations.

Can anyone give me advice on what to ask the consultant or point me in the direction of a good website.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now