Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

dd has a rash need urgent advice pls

(12 Posts)
lilsmum Wed 16-Feb-05 18:40:57

dd has a rash all over her legs, raised spots some close together others spread in distance any ideas? anything that starts with a rash on the legs? seems fine other than that and no spots anywhere else, i have rang nhs direct they going to ring me back as soon as they can (really busy) but just thought if anyone on here had any ideas?

bundle Wed 16-Feb-05 18:42:42

has she got a temp? if yes, do a glass test to check the rash blanches (disappears) when you press a glass against it. dd1's chickenpox started on her legs...me & our GP decided that it was (cat) flea bites..and infected the whole nursery. ahem.

WigWamBam Wed 16-Feb-05 18:42:49

Do they disappear when you press a glass against them?

lilsmum Wed 16-Feb-05 18:44:54

i have tried the glass test as best i could (she wriggling!!) and they seemed to dissapear, she had chicken pox when she was 8 wk old so cant be that, she hasnt got temp, and seems fine other than this weird rash

lockets Wed 16-Feb-05 18:46:22

Message withdrawn

lilsmum Wed 16-Feb-05 18:49:06

lockets, no havent changed washing powder.i did that once and she got exzema, that been gone for wks now, and this is completely different kind of rash, this is like small and big red raised spots x

kid Wed 16-Feb-05 18:54:13

DD had a rash which I was told looked like hives (?) They didn't look like spots, more like raised red blothes. They also began to spread and join up. It did just go away itself within a few hours amd she has never had it since. That was about 4 years ago.
We were told it was probably an allergy to something she ate. We couldn't think of what it could have been though.

Snugs Wed 16-Feb-05 18:56:04

Has she been poorly at all recently lilsmum - even a slight sniffle?

Post-viral urticaria is like hives (just as kid describes) and is very common in young children.

WigWamBam Wed 16-Feb-05 18:56:23

Does she have any blisters or spots on her hands or in her mouth? Hand, foot and mouth sometimes affects the legs and buttocks too, and looks a bit like chicken pox.

lilsmum Wed 16-Feb-05 18:59:42

she had bad flu about a mth ago, there is none on hands or mouth

thanks for this everyone, i suppose i am just in a bit of a panic, as she hasnt yet had her mmr and she has already had chicken pox so cant be that

xx

lockets Wed 16-Feb-05 19:01:39

Message withdrawn

hewlettsdaughter Wed 16-Feb-05 19:43:42

When I was a kid I used to get a reaction to tinned pilchards (!) which started with a rash round my feet/ankles and moved upwards.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now