Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Breast cancer clinic - any advice appreciated

(3 Posts)
2sugars Fri 08-Aug-08 07:57:20

Had a second biopsy on Wednesday - the doctor said the patholigist could only find fatty tissue - not breast tissue, so she'd have to make it a non-diagnostic outcome. She offered to let me keep an eye on it, or come back in 3 months.

What would you make of that? Would you still worry? Why couldn't he find any breast tissue? Why the bloody hell didn't I ask at the time? Chose to go back in 3 months as I don't know that I can trust myself to sucessfully notice any minor change.

lilymolly Fri 08-Aug-08 15:03:01

Sorry to hear you are going through this

I would insist on another biopsy and make sure they take the correct tissue this time.
what was the outcome of the 1st biopsy?

BlaDeBla Tue 12-Aug-08 09:50:22

I had a similar non-diagnostic outcome for a while. I had a needle test when I was pg, and it could have come back as pos, neg, or ? Needless to say, it was ?. I had all sorts of other tests - mammogram, scans... All neither here nor there.

They said to wait till the baby arrived and see what was what then. It was when I had stopped bf that I noticed a lump. I don't know if I would have taken any notice if it had not been found by a doctor 2 years previously!

I think it's important just to remember to deal with it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now