Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

question regarding periods

(4 Posts)
foxy1 Sun 20-Jul-08 15:14:53

hello
is it normal to have brown discharge for about 5 days (which i thought was my period) but then have red heavier period for another 5 days? thank you

girlnextdoor Sun 20-Jul-08 15:16:01

yes, but keep an eye on it. Go to drs if any more concerns. Up to date with smears etc?

foxy1 Sun 20-Jul-08 15:18:21

no i need a smear. not necessarily concerned but just wondered whether this was normal. thank you

lazymumofteenagesons Sun 20-Jul-08 18:41:02

I have been getting what they call 'spotting' for up to a week before my period starts properly for years. I have had smear tests, ultrasounds etc, etc. They don't know what causes it, so it is put down to 'hormonal'.
What I have been told is that as long as it is just before period starts and not in middle of cycle then probably nothing to worry about.
However, I find it a 'bloody' nuisance and am interested to find out more if anyone knows causes etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now