Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Weird patches on DS's tongue

(8 Posts)
FattipuffsandThinnifers Wed 16-Jul-08 20:20:41

I noticed this morning that my DS, 14 months, has a few rather raw-looking, whitish patches on his tongue. Not sure if they're hurting him - he has been putting his hands in his mouth a bit and has been slightly off his food & milk today but he's also teething so hard to tell why. He sucks his thumb too, which isn't a problem for me in itself, but today I also noticed what look like blisters on his thumb. Doctor appt made for Friday morning, but in the meantime (impatient!) wondered if anyone had any similar experience?

PillockOfTheCommunity Wed 16-Jul-08 20:22:44

The tongue thing sounds like mine, my dentist keeps telling me I have a Geographical tongue, they don't know much about it but it's thought Zinc supplements might help.

MadamAnt Wed 16-Jul-08 20:24:24

Pillock - I have (self-diagnosed) geographocal tongue too!

Fattipuff - could it be oral thrush? 14 months might be too old for that sort of thing though.

MadamAnt Wed 16-Jul-08 20:24:48

geographical

piratecat Wed 16-Jul-08 20:25:22

thrush

PillockOfTheCommunity Wed 16-Jul-08 20:26:16

I was rather puzzled when she told me, says she told me years ago but I've forgotten! Asked her if I needed to worry and she said it obviously hadn't worried me so far so not to think about it too much!

aviatrix Wed 16-Jul-08 20:27:42

Message withdrawn

FattipuffsandThinnifers Wed 16-Jul-08 21:01:41

Thanks for replies. Quick google of geographical tongue seems to rule it out - symptoms not really the same. I did think thrush perhaps but Madame Ant, yes I thought he was too old too. Will have to wait till Friday I guess!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now