Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

bad choking cough

(3 Posts)
Tallmum Sun 13-Jul-08 20:07:27

My ten week old has had a dreadful cough where she almost chokes and stops breathing at the end of the cough. We went to A & E - they thought it may be whooping cough but it came back negative. They could not suggest anything else. Went to GP who was not helpful in suggesting anything. ITs horrible to watch, does anyone have any idea of how to help her out?

nickytwotimes Sun 13-Jul-08 20:08:36

Sound like croup.
I'd get a second opinion.
Steam helps a lot, btw.

Elibean Sun 13-Jul-08 21:53:53

I find a humidifier works brilliantly for dd2 (who has had endless cough/throat related things) at night. We have a cool mist one.

Is it easier for her when she's held upright? If so, raise the end of her crib/cot if you can, or put a folded towel under the cot mattress at the head end.

Both my dds have a nasty cough atm, there must be a cough virus doing the rounds - and yes, I've heard of croup being around atm too. Its so upsetting seeing a tiny LO struggling to breathe, I hope she's better very soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now