Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Anyone used Ear Buddies/Ear Splints on a young baby?

(7 Posts)
pollyana Fri 20-Jun-08 09:35:38

Has anyone heard of these www.earbuddies.co.uk/pws/Content.ice?page=FIT&pgForward=content

If so, are they effective? My baby looks like having sticky-out ears and if we can do something non-invasive now, I'd quite like to do so.

Any experiences please? Thank you.

pollyana Fri 20-Jun-08 20:53:06

Bumping grin

elizabethsmum Fri 20-Jun-08 23:32:39

yes we used them on our dd for about 2 weeks or so (?maybe longer ) when she was a couple of weeks old. She had one ear that was quite mis-shapen and floppy at the time. Dh was particularly worried about her ears as he had to have his pinned back and was teased at school etc. Her ears look absolutely normal now- (now 2.3yrs) not sure if ear buddies helped or if would have been fine anyway but they didn't do any harm- quite fiddly to keep on though! Good luck

pollyana Sat 21-Jun-08 21:54:07

Thanks for the response elizabethsmum ... I'm in the same boat as your DH and probably worrying too much but ....

Thought they look a bit fidgety but it might be well worth trying them.

Thanks again.

MommyHasaHeadache Sat 04-Oct-08 18:52:07

Pollyana - did you try these and were they effective? I'm thinking of trying them on my DD who has slightly sticky out ears. Would rather do something now then leave it and have her teased later.

spicemonster Sat 04-Oct-08 18:54:12

If you do decide to have them, I will sell you some cheap! I bought them for my DS but decided in the end I was being hysterical so I still have them in an unopened packet and have contemplating ebaying them or something

Josie36 Wed 15-Oct-08 15:35:22

Hi, this is a message for Mummyhasaheadache , I would be interested in buying ear buddies off you if you still want to sell them? My baby is nearly 6 months old. If you do, would you alter your profile so that you can recievew emails and I will contact you.

Thanks, Josie

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now