Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Grommets and swimming/hair washing

(7 Posts)
Aimsmum Fri 21-Jan-05 16:43:57

Message withdrawn

Slinky Fri 21-Jan-05 16:48:30

We're waiting for DD2 to have grommets put in but I've been searching this week for stuff about swimming.

Everything I've read suggests that surface swimming is fine, but no underwater or jumping in.

I've also read about the cotton wool for hair washing.

WigWamBam Fri 21-Jan-05 17:22:03

A friend of mine has a ds with ear problems which mean he can't get his inner ears wet, and she swears by Ear Band-its for swimming.

starlover Fri 21-Jan-05 17:26:00

My brother had grommits and t-tubes and my mum used to plug his ears up with cotton wool and vaseline when he went swimming or had a hair wash.
Wouldn't have a clue about how it left the ear inside... but I don't think he ever had a problem with it... apart from not being able to hear anything!

Aimsmum Fri 21-Jan-05 18:59:55

Message withdrawn

Weatherwax Fri 21-Jan-05 19:51:48

We brought the ear band-its from the local lesure centre for a very reasonable price nearer to £5 than £15. Also they sold ear plugs suitable for swimming and we have been using them when hair washing on dd1 for over 2 years. We get ear plug alerts from her some times but as we have a stock of them we just replug her ears until the hair is washed. The foamy ear plugs have never worked for us and my mum brought some which seem to be magnetically repelled from the ear! The ear bandit seems to work well when swimming which I admit surprised me greatly!

Aimsmum Fri 21-Jan-05 19:58:17

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now