Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

have i got shingles?

(12 Posts)
ohdearohdear Sun 09-Mar-08 08:59:42

for the past 2 days i've had sore, sensitive skin (no rash) on an area of my back and one one arm. I've also had a slight fever and feel a bit unwell. could this be shingles?

ohdearohdear Sun 09-Mar-08 09:39:09

bump

QuintessentialShadow Sun 09-Mar-08 09:41:26

If you touch it, is it painful, like needles sticking?

That is what the nurse asked me, when I phoned and wondered if I had shingles or an allergic reaction to my new day cream.

ohdearohdear Sun 09-Mar-08 09:55:32

it's not as painful as needels sticking in but just very sore and uncomfortable when touched

ohdearohdear Sun 09-Mar-08 11:26:34

my eyes are sore and stinging now, especially on one side

Seona1973 Sun 09-Mar-08 11:55:56

nhs direct has this info about shingles

ohdearohdear Sun 09-Mar-08 13:25:15

Thanks. Eyes aren't so bad now but still got really sensitive skin in places & still no rash. Anyone else got any experience of shingles?

ohdearohdear Sun 09-Mar-08 15:45:57

bump

ohdearohdear Sun 09-Mar-08 20:46:51

another bump...

MrsMacaroon Sat 26-Jul-08 00:44:07

ohdearohdear...was it shingled after all??? I've got these exact symptoms and was wondering the same.

MrsMacaroon Sat 26-Jul-08 00:55:48

i of course mean 'shingles', unless of course Shingle is in fact a verb. 'You've been shingled' has a ring to it....

<has feeling am talking to myself on dead thread...could be the shingles affecting the brain uhoh>

Boboma Sun 27-Jul-08 21:05:32

My DH currently has shingles. It started out like a tingly itchy red rash, a bit like a burn but with little liquidy spots. He thought that he had got a chemical on it (works in a lab). I think that it was 2 days later that it was obviously shingles because it was a definite line down his forehead with swelling only around his eye on one side. He was on anti-virals since it was near his eye. He's been off work for 6 weeks, has had loads of pain, can't sleep and is having eye problems, so I HOPE that you guys don't have it!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now