Talk

Advanced search

Anyones baby been born with epispadias?

(9 Posts)
Mumwithaquestion Mon 28-Jan-08 15:03:31

Think this is the right area to put it.

OP’s posts: |
fryalot Mon 28-Jan-08 15:12:20

It probably is the right place to put it... sorry I can't help, but I'll bump it for you. Hopefully someone out there can give you some advice

Mumwithaquestion Mon 28-Jan-08 15:24:35

Thankyou very much for the bump. Basically my son has to go for an operation early feb and a laparoscopy but hate the thought of him going under anesthetic *sp. He is only 7 months.

frazzledazzle Mon 28-Jan-08 15:27:58

My DS1 who is 4 was born with this condition.

I think treatment differs depending on the severity of each individual case,but if you have any questions I'll try to answer them smile

frazzledazzle Mon 28-Jan-08 15:39:38

My son had a repair op when he was 11 months old.

I know how you must be feeling at the thought of anaesthetic it's awful isn't it?

My son will be having a laparoscopy within the next year to see if they can do a bladder neck repair.

Mumwithaquestion Mon 28-Jan-08 15:49:00

Well they think he can hold his wee ok, so we are going for a nappy test first so they can see whether they need to do one operation or another. once they know that they are going to do a laparoscopy to see what going on and then do the operation. Its all abit scary though, another thing is he will only sleep on his tummy and i assume he is going to be ever so tender on that side. I think he can hold his wee no problem so will just be a case of the repair op i think. I didnt realise how scarce it is really as the common one is hyperspadias. So fingers crossed all goes ok. We will be there for a couple of days. Thanks for your reply. Did your son go to London for his op? xxx

frazzledazzle Mon 28-Jan-08 16:25:21

My son had his op at Pendlebury hospital in Manchester.
I hope it all goes well for your son,I'm sure it will!
It's a positive sign that they think he can hold urine isn't it!

Mumwithaquestion Mon 28-Jan-08 18:18:20

yeah, i hope so too. he is having his at great ormand street hospital. Yeah i am pretty positive he can hold his bladder full so lets hope thats what the results of this nappy test show too. thanks for your help x

Momwithaquery Wed 16-Oct-19 10:34:28

Appreciate these posts are old but I was just wondering how the surgeries for these boys went and how they are doing now.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »