Talk

Advanced search

Lumps in breast

(4 Posts)
pregnantwoman Wed 01-Jul-20 07:51:19

I'm currently 23 weeks pregnant and I'm 18, I've found two small pea sized lumps in the same area of my breast and it's been quite painful this whole week, it was quite itchy and tender. I'm worried about it being something serious. No one in my family has had breast cancer, my mum had cysts bur nothing dangerous. Has anyone experienced anything similar?

OP’s posts: |
LovingLola Wed 01-Jul-20 07:53:08

I’m sure it’s probably fine but I would get them checked. Maybe ask your midwife to start with?

pregnantwoman Wed 01-Jul-20 08:09:11

LovingLola

I’m sure it’s probably fine but I would get them checked. Maybe ask your midwife to start with?

I've made an appointment with my GP because I don't think the midwife will do much about it. I'm just worried about having to get referred for a breast ultrasound and there being a 2 week wait.

OP’s posts: |
wishiwasonabeach85 Wed 01-Jul-20 08:53:04

Breast lumps are common in pregnancy. Frequently they are blocked milk ducts or just caused by hormonal changes. Try not to worry too much. You have done the right thing booking an appointment with your GP.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »