Post nasal drip

(9 Posts)
AvocadoPrime Wed 20-May-20 07:14:02

Lovely morning subject here..
I've been suffering for 5 weeks with constant mucus sometimes have to cough to get it up, ears sometimes hurting, sore throat, headaches, sometimes nose feels slightly congested. I wonder if this could be postnasal drip?
I've had antibiotics for a queried sinus infection and they made no difference. If it does sound like PND can anyone recommend anything before I drown in my own mucus. Thanks brew

OP’s posts: |
AvocadoPrime Wed 20-May-20 08:47:02

Anyone?x

FortunaMajor Wed 20-May-20 09:10:26

I have rhinitis and PND. I use Otrivine nasal spray which helps dry it up. I was originally prescribed something else but a pharmacist suggested this as a considerably cheaper alternative. Should be a few quid in any chemists.

AvocadoPrime Wed 20-May-20 10:15:18

Thank you I will try that. I'm at my wits end with it now. Makes me feel rough!

emmathedilemma Wed 20-May-20 10:21:01

Dairy makes mine worse. I used to suffer all the time, had nasal sprays and tablets for heartburn and barely suffer now I’ve cut most dairy out of my diet.

glitterbiscuits Wed 20-May-20 10:35:25

Get the steroid nasal spray. It's either Sudanese or Beconaise. Don't get the non steroid one.

AdvicePleaseThanks Wed 20-May-20 11:09:05

Saline nasal irrigation could help

Advertisement

ExpletiveDelighted Wed 20-May-20 11:13:11

I had this and Nasonex spray from my GP sorted it out over a few weeks.

AvocadoPrime Wed 20-May-20 11:18:51

Thanks all. I've ordered Beconaise, a saline spray a netti pot thing and some antihistamines lol. Going to throw everything at it!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in