Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Scottish mummies...talk to me about pre-school injections...

(7 Posts)
tassisssss Tue 11-Sep-07 19:33:25

what's the deal with this?

does it happen through the GP or the HV (not sure that the HV know about my ds!)

wee lad at nursery had his the other week and it got me wondering...

Seona1973 Tue 11-Sep-07 19:43:16

according to the immunisations website they are given between 3yrs 4months and 5years. My dd is 3yrs 10months and hasnt had hers yet - she will be due to start school next September. Our surgery sends out the appointments automatically (well it did for all the other jabs anyway)

Seona1973 Tue 11-Sep-07 19:44:05

UK Immunisations

singyswife Tue 11-Sep-07 19:45:35

Hi, our gp sends out letters automatically too when the reach a certain age. Think 4.5ish. My dd is due her letter in soon but some of the kids she goes to nursery with have had theirs.

tassisssss Tue 11-Sep-07 19:46:48

thanks!

ds is nearly 4.5 so i'll expect it soon and will check when I'm next at GP/HV

Rhumba Wed 12-Sep-07 19:49:02

We're in Glasgow and DS got his pretty much as soon as he turned 4.

I think the main aim is to give it before they start school which I assume is next August.

the HV gave it (possibly along with practivce nurse at GP) I just got aletter from the health board with an appointment.

Might be worth giving your HV a call

Mistymoo Wed 12-Sep-07 19:58:42

We're in the Highlands and my dd just got sent her "invitation" from the Health Board just as she turned 4.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now