Talk

Advanced search

Migraine and postdrome

(7 Posts)
jessysu Sun 19-Jan-20 14:06:56

I'm new to migraines. I took myself to a&e Wednesday due to bad headaches which seemed to ease off Thursday eve. While I was there I had all my bloods, other small tests and a ct scan. They put it down to a migraine which would have been my first. It's now Sunday... although no pain

Dizzyness
Tired
Weird sensation in my head
General cba mood

Is this normal? 3 days on. confused

OP’s posts: |
Wilmalovescake Sun 19-Jan-20 14:13:57

I think there’s a weird headache bug around at the moment. Several of us in my office have had it. Really bad crippling headaches for a week or so when we don’t usually get them.

slipperywhensparticus Sun 19-Jan-20 14:20:11

For your first yes it's normal my first migraine lasted over a week I felt like a huge ball of pain tethered outside of my body

Leakinglikeacolander Sun 19-Jan-20 14:24:14

I often feel like I've been hit by a train after running a marathon when I've had a migraine.
It's crap. Hope you start to feel better soon.

jessysu Sun 19-Jan-20 14:44:28

I have like pins and needles all over my face coming and going.

OP’s posts: |
ClownsandCowboys Sun 19-Jan-20 14:56:06

I think I've had that headache bug. I do get migraines and always have a sort of hangover from them. I feel tired, groggy, slightly 'out of it' for at least a day after.

opinionatedfreak Sun 19-Jan-20 16:13:39

No pins and needles post migraine here but I do feel “out of sorts”, tired and quite emotional for about 72 hours afterwards.

It is a thing - look up post migraine phenomenon.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »