Talk

Advanced search

Any nurses - blood blister on finger

(6 Posts)
crazymuseummumtobe Fri 13-Dec-19 17:59:38

About four months ago, I dropped a very heavy box on my finger at work. No break and no bruising at the time. About a month later though, this bump came up on my finger. It seems to be fluid filled and is quite blue/purple so is presumably blood. It's slightly warm to the touch. It's only painful if I press on one certain part of it.

I'm currently 7.5 months pregnant, so apparently I have way more blood in my body than normal? Is there any chance this bump will go down by itself after baby comes?!

OP’s posts: |
Mishappening Fri 13-Dec-19 18:01:48

That's not a blood blister - but I do not know what it is. Sorry.

Spacebowlisback Fri 13-Dec-19 18:02:55

Huh. Is that one of those bumps that comes up with the healing of a broken bone? It’s not a blood blister.

StarlingsInSummer Fri 13-Dec-19 18:04:11

To echo previous posters, that’s not a blood blister. Haven’t you been to the GP?

crazymuseummumtobe Fri 13-Dec-19 18:24:08

I showed it to the GP at one of my maternity appointments, and she just said 'oh, that's a bit of a burst blood vessel/blister, it'll go away soon enough'. That was quite some time ago though and I think it's worse now.

OP’s posts: |
StarlingsInSummer Fri 13-Dec-19 20:33:22

Take it to your GP, I don’t think it’s anything dangerous but it’s best to find out what it is.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »