Talk

Advanced search

Anyone done the Expert Program for Diabetes

(3 Posts)
Areyousorted12 Thu 21-Nov-19 19:52:37

I am newly diagnosed and have been asked to enrol on the Program. Has anyone done it? Was it useful? I am not good in group situations so would not like that aspect.
I am obese and need to lose weight and to be honest probably need the education on nutrition but am wondering if I should do WW or Slimming world instead. I have vit D deficiency and low iron so extra supplements for them and no energy. So was thinking maybe just eating less would be ok.
Any experiences welcome.

OP’s posts: |
Montybojangles Thu 21-Nov-19 21:56:24

I haven’t done it, but am trained to deliver it. Sadly the place i worked changed to the Desmond programme shortly after, so never delivered it. It’s a very comprehensive, informative programme. One I’d encourage anyone I knew who was newly diagnosed to attend. It’s very focused on diet and nutrition, as was designed by a diabetes dietitian. It really would help any newly diagnosed person, especially if they want nutritional advice.

Areyousorted12 Fri 22-Nov-19 00:31:20

Thanks Monty. Having experience of Expert and Desmond, which do you think is better and do you know why your area stopped,/changed to Desmond.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »