Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

NORIDAY - has anyone had weird periods on this POP pill?

(6 Posts)
Lizzzombie Thu 26-Jul-07 20:00:56

I have been on this POP for the last 5 months or so, and for the last 4 weeks have had a never ending period. Has anyone else had strange things happen to them on this POP? Its doing my head in!

mummytosteven Thu 26-Jul-07 20:06:27

Pops are all notorious for completely screwing up your cycle. With the Micronor after a couple of years on it I was having periods every 10 ten days. Then on Cerazette, I either have nothing for 2 months, then 2 within a fortnight. Seeing as it's really upsetting you, go to the doc/FPC and see what they advise

expatinscotland Thu 26-Jul-07 20:07:52

Not on that POP, but on Cerazette I had 3 periods in one month.

Most of the time, an FPC/doc will just tell you to keep taking it and it will all 'settle'.

Lizzzombie Thu 26-Jul-07 20:09:48

Have been to GP (yesterday) he put me on a pill to stem the bleeding, but its making me really light headed, and 2 days in its not made a blind bit off difference re the bleeding.

BracingAir Thu 26-Jul-07 21:13:41

Are you BF? Is it a heavy period or more like spotting? My GP thought that continous spotting indicates a period 'trying to get through', (that ius if you didnt have a period till now) He recommends coming off it for 3 weeks and then coming back on for another stretch of 'clean months'

Lizzzombie Thu 26-Jul-07 21:58:16

Its def not spotting!
GP thinks it may be the womb continuously shedding its lining or something gross, and also recommended me coming off the pill when I have finished this packet to resume normal cycle.
I was just interested to see if anyone else had had a similar experience with this POP or if its all POPs in general which can play havoc with your cycle.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now