Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Ouch, burnt my arm

(9 Posts)
jofeb04 Mon 16-Jul-07 16:49:39

with my stupid hair staightners!!

Really painful, after 25minutes under cold water.

Anything else I should do?

Thanks

beansprout Mon 16-Jul-07 16:50:08

Put some lavender oil on it.

Whizzz Mon 16-Jul-07 16:52:01

keep it under the cold water as long as poss

here if bigger than a stamp, seek medical attention

Whizzz Mon 16-Jul-07 16:52:51

Sorry but wouldnt recommend putting lavender oil on until well on the way to healing

harleyd Mon 16-Jul-07 16:54:42

i wouldnt put anything on it, keeps the heat in surely? i burnt my neck with the straightners a few weeks ago, took days before it stopped hurting

jofeb04 Mon 16-Jul-07 16:59:14

Not using Lavander until the burning stops. (sorry beansprout). Going to try more water, see how it goes!! Looks like it is blistering

CoteDAzur Mon 16-Jul-07 17:16:41

Hope you feel better now. If you have a small kid, the white nappy cream that smells funny is an excellent burn cream. It has fish oil and zinc in it.

AttilaTheMeerkat Mon 16-Jul-07 17:55:50

I would seek medical attention for this burn - you do not know how deep it is.

Do not put any cream on it either - that rule applies to all burns.

ellasmum1 Mon 16-Jul-07 18:09:10

I burnt my arm badly on my steel kettle a few months back. It was agony all day, kept in ice cold water nearly an entire day. Once blistered I used the see through burn plasters, you can get these at the chemsist, to keep it clean and dry. I was told don't put anything on it at first, but once it was healing and very dry and skin cracking nurse told me to put vaseline on it. I preferred to put germolene on it, worked ok.
It has now healed great, took a few weeks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now