Talk

Advanced search

Movicol

(7 Posts)
bloatedbird Sat 06-Apr-19 11:59:00

Instructions say 1-3 sachets a day

Weds, Thurs and Fri I've had 2 a day, this morning I've had 3 to get things going ....

NOTHING, not even a rumble.

How long does it take to work?!?

Is this normal or do I need to up the dose?

OP’s posts: |
FatandSassy Mon 06-May-19 21:10:01

Are you having them all at once? I always found it better to spread them out over the day. If you're severely bunged up my doctor once suggested starting at 8 and going down 1 a day until you're at whatever keeps you regular... (usually 1 or 2) it probably will take a few days to work but I imagine if you keep at it it'll be fine.

Footle Fri 07-Jun-19 19:24:27

You need to drink plenty to make it work. Have a pint of water in the half hour after taking it. If nothing happens , have another pint after over the next hour. That should sort it out.

MaverickSnoopy Fri 07-Jun-19 19:54:45

It depends on how bad it is. I was really bad for a couple of weeks post birth and lots of pain. Dr told me to make up 4 sachets on day 1 (4 sachets + 500ml water and drink 100ml hourly), then on day 2 make up 6 sachets (6 sachets + 750ml water) and have 100ml hourly and on day 3 to have 8 sachets (8 sachets + 1000ml water) and have 100ml hourly. He also said that I should do it at home or not be far from a toilet. It did work.

Bubblysqueak Fri 07-Jun-19 19:57:06

That sounds like quite a low dose. You need to make sure you're drinking loads too.

FabulouslyGlamourosFerret Fri 07-Jun-19 20:11:00

As an aside ... If any of you are pronouncing it moo-vicol. I hate you. As you were!

savingmysanity Fri 07-Jun-19 20:24:11

making it with warm water is usually quite effective

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »