Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

What could bring nasty period pain back at 37?

(6 Posts)
DrunkenSailor Sun 01-Jul-07 23:39:00

Message withdrawn

3littlefrogs Sun 01-Jul-07 23:51:47

The possibility of fibroids springs to mind, but TBH the best thing to do is to go and see your GP and have a proper examination. You just can't be too careful with unexplained symptoms.

DrunkenSailor Sun 01-Jul-07 23:55:46

Message withdrawn

AttilaTheMeerkat Mon 02-Jul-07 07:06:04

DrunkenSailor

I would have to say endometriosis cannot be ruled out here. Infact all the symptoms you describe are typical of this (endo put paid to my Maths o level as well). Pain mid cycle is also common as well with endo.

Any symptoms that are cyclical and that get worse during menstruation may be due to endo.

Your GP ought to refer you to a gynae for further evaluation; such problems are often outside a GPs remit of understanding.

Moguie Sat 04-Aug-07 07:47:10

Just to throw in an alternative, have you thought along lines of polysystic ovaries? I had this and had similar experience.

Also I experienced strange kind of thing when drinking Coke - would get stabbing pain and hot flush type thing in ovary area - just a thought incase the fibroids route comes out as not relevant

AttilaTheMeerkat Sat 04-Aug-07 10:56:25

PCO does not normally cause pain.

Still think endometriosis cannot be ruled out. Its usually though only diagnosed through a laparoscopy operation (keyhole surgery).

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: