Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

What is this rash?

(14 Posts)
NeverUseThisName Wed 29-Nov-17 20:36:00

It has bloomed on dd's tummy. Appeared yesterday as a group of small spots, bigger and much blotchier today. A bit itchy. Otherwise entirely well.

beautifulgirls Wed 29-Nov-17 20:44:04

shingles? Is the skin very sensitive around that area? If so get off to the GP asap as antivirals best given early for effect.

NeverUseThisName Wed 29-Nov-17 22:07:54

It does look a bit like the beginning of shingles rash (according to Dr Google) but there's no pain, no tingling, no illness. Just 15yo temper, but that's another story.

Tanfastic Thu 30-Nov-17 16:13:30

Nickel rash? That can itch bad.

Get some hydrocortisone cream and it should clear up in a week.

LoniceraJaponica Thu 30-Nov-17 16:14:44

Why would there be a nickel rash on the torso?

tilligan Thu 30-Nov-17 17:51:55

Looks like flea bites to me-do you have pets, or has she been to a house with pets? Local phamacist should be able to confirm quickly.

Tanfastic Thu 30-Nov-17 22:54:31

It looks like it could be near the waistband. From a belt buckle or studs on jeans. I dunno, Google nickel rash and it looks similar.

Scabbersley Thu 30-Nov-17 22:58:37

Deffo shingles

Scabbersley Thu 30-Nov-17 22:59:09

All mine had it with no illness or pain. It's only nasty when you are older.

Heratnumber7 Thu 30-Nov-17 23:03:13

It looks like bites to me too

MimsyBorogroves Thu 30-Nov-17 23:06:55

Looks like shingles to me too.

DS had it age 7 with no pain, itches etc.

Zoesweet Thu 30-Nov-17 23:10:27

Looks more of an allergy to me. I won't say it came from an insect bite. If it's itchy it's a skin allergy.

1966gettingold Fri 01-Dec-17 07:31:03

My youngest daughter has had shingles many times and looks exactly like that , sometimes with pain sometimes without .

She puts Zovirax on it and puts a big dressing over them to stop scratching / irritation .

NeverUseThisName Fri 01-Dec-17 10:55:22

Dd says that it is only mildly itchy. It hasn't spread further, and the spots haven't developed into blisters. But the whole area is raised and a little firmer and paler. It now looks more like an allergic reaction.

She has been in houses with pets recently.

I think she's got an allergy to something. All last year she kept coming up in random itchy spots. Iindividual ones, never clusters like this.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: