Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Date on Thursday coldsore today eek

(4 Posts)
cattychatty Sun 12-Nov-17 21:44:47

Just that really brand spanking new coldsore thought the tingle was just dry lips and overnight it appeared got a big big date on Thursday. I’m using Zovirax but any tips to get rid?

Greycat11 Sun 12-Nov-17 21:49:35

Lysine gel from Holland & Barrett is really good will reduce how long it lasts and how bad it gets, they do tablets too which I haven't tried but they're supposed to help too.

daisychain01 Sun 12-Nov-17 21:51:31

It may sound weird but try applying gentle but firm pressure on the cold sore for 20-30 seconds, let go, and repeat about 3 or 4 time. Do this regularly for the next 24 hours.

Cold sores are due to nerve endings coming to the surface, so the pressure is to literally push the nerve ending back where it belongs.

My go-to for cold sores is Blistex. I use lashings of it in winter!

SlothMama Sun 12-Nov-17 21:58:35

I second the lysine in Holland and Barratt, that stuff is amazing! It's really good value compared to anything else I used to buy. I also take the lysine tablets they sell and it's reduced my coldsores frequency. I went months without one, even now when I usually get them if the weathers cold.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now