Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Laparoscopy Recovery

(7 Posts)
Othersideof40 Thu 09-Nov-17 15:36:37

I had a laparoscopy with some endometrosis removed, an ablation,a cyst drained, plus a stuck coil removed on Saturday.
Although im moving about and a lot less sore than i was, i just feel so tired. How long did it take everyone to recover? Ive been signed off work for 2 weeks as im a TA with 4 year old so lots of getting up and down

shuttheblinds Thu 09-Nov-17 15:55:10

I have had quite a few of these with varying times for recovery. Some I have recovered really quickly from and others took longer. I was off for a week when I had similar surgery at my last lap last year. The tiredness is awful I agree. If you have been signed off for 2 weeks take it and recover.

Othersideof40 Thu 09-Nov-17 18:05:23

Thanks. My feet are also flipping freezing since!!

pleasepassthevino Thu 09-Nov-17 18:12:53

I would say two weeks. I had one in June for similar stuff and the first week I felt dreadful!! The second week was much better so it will improve! Hope you feel well soon.

Othersideof40 Thu 09-Nov-17 18:54:12

Thank you 😀

berliozwooler Thu 09-Nov-17 18:55:34

I felt fine after a week really but had two weeks off work to make sure. I was sitting all day though, take care xx

Othersideof40 Thu 09-Nov-17 19:06:17

I've definitely felt better today, Moving around wise. Have been doing bits around the house too, so that has probably made me tired

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: