Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Bleeding after wisdom tooth extraction

(3 Posts)
Helbelle75 Thu 19-Oct-17 06:32:24

I had a lower wisdom tooth taken out on Tuesday afternoon, done everything the dentist recommended. It is still bleeding now. It will stop for a time if I bite down on a tea bag and then rinse with salt water, but it starts back up again within an hour.
I rang my dentist twice about this yesterday and they seemed to think it's normal. I've spent the night propped up on pillows but still having to spot out a mouthful of concealed blood every hour.
Of course, I will be back on to the dentist as soon as they open, but just looking for other people's experiences as to whether this is normal or not.

OliviaBenson Thu 19-Oct-17 08:36:58

Not normal. You should have a clot or you can get dry socket which is excruciating. Can you get an appointment?

Helbelle75 Thu 19-Oct-17 17:00:14

Thank you for replying. I've been to the dentist and It's actually a lot better. There is a clot which is good, but It's bleeding more than they would usually see but nothing to worry about.
Hoping it dries up soon.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: