Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Pea sized lump in my breast

(9 Posts)
mariah123 Tue 11-Apr-17 21:35:21

I have found a pea sized lump in my breast, been to the doctors and after a feel she thinks it is a cyst but is sending me the breast clinic for a mammogram anyway. I'm only 21, no history of breast cancer etc. Appointment could be a couple of weeks, I'm really worried. Anyone had similar and it's just been a cyst?

DubiousCredentials Tue 11-Apr-17 21:50:47

It's very common so try not to worry. 9 out of 10 breast clinic referrals end up being non cancerous. A few recent threads on the subject;

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/general_health/2887317-Breast-Lump

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/general_health/2880176-How-do-I-stay-sane-whilst-waiting-for-breast-clinic-appointment?msgid=67701515

Try not to Google too much flowers

Helpmegetthisoutmymind Tue 11-Apr-17 22:00:32

I had a huge lump in my breast I was 19. Turned out to be nothing. It's hard smooth and mobile. I can push it around which is supposedly a good sign. It's grown over the years but it's fine.

mariah123 Tue 11-Apr-17 22:25:36

Thank you both, I'm trying to stay positive and stay away from google!

wtffgs Tue 11-Apr-17 22:34:04

You've day me the right thing - seeing your GP.

Hope your mind is put at rest soon brew

Amira90 Tue 11-Apr-17 22:53:30

Yes, I had a pea sized lump at around 21 years old too. They referred me to a breast clinic and confirmed it was a cyst. They just left it as it was and it seems to have disappeared now.
I googled and worried lots too, but it was all fine.
Hope you don't have to wait too long. X

spirallin Tue 11-Apr-17 22:54:51

Hi OP

I had this around your age too. It was a cyst and it went by itself but for a while there I was very worried.

Fingers crossed for you.

Littlebunnyboy130 Tue 11-Apr-17 23:12:24

I had lots of pea sized lumps, all cysts. Had to have them drained as some were deep in the breast and large. Try not to worry smile

melmo26 Wed 12-Apr-17 06:58:32

I had a pea sized lump on my right breast when I was 17 and was referred to clinic,
I had a biopsy done on it as they weren't sure, and later had it removed. It turned out fine.
At 24 I found a lump on my left breast and was referred again, doctor said it was fine and after a feel he said I just have lumpy breasts 😀

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now