Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Post viral fatigue. Any tips for getting back to normal?

(3 Posts)
Olympiathequeen Fri 03-Feb-17 13:50:29

Had a hideous virus that wiped me out for 3 weeks.

Cough mostly gone, but no sense of taste or appetite. Have lost half a stone and I'm so tired I can barely drag myself around.

Into week 4 and just want to feel normal again.

Any tips on recovering? Vitamins? Rest? Exercise? I don't know what to do for the best. sad

TellMeHowToLiveMyLife Fri 03-Feb-17 13:53:40

Try Floradix tablets - it's gentle iron (and some other vitamins as well) so it doesn't irritate your stomach. Whenever I get ill I eat hardly anything and get anaemic so this really helps.

And rest. Although that's obviously difficult with work, kids, life etc. Hope you feel better soon.

Olympiathequeen Fri 03-Feb-17 14:11:12

Not working at the moment thank goodness and luckily getting lots of DC support.

Iron tablets give me stomach pain but I will give the fluoridex a go as I was wondering if anaemia might be an issue. I do look very pale and have constant nausea too. Not pregnant definitely!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now