Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Dental veneer problems

(8 Posts)
isobelaisobela Thu 26-Jan-17 08:14:13

I'm having a nightmare with my veneers.
I have 4 veneers on my front teeth, 1 of which has fallen off 3 times in the past 10 years.
Problem is the backs of my teeth have gone very discoloured and enamel worn away.
I'm fed up with them and it's really getting me down.

I brush 3 times a day and my other teeth aren't like this.

What happened and what can I do to fix? sad

isobelaisobela Thu 26-Jan-17 11:24:41

Anyone?

fluffiphlox Thu 26-Jan-17 16:49:04

I would complain. I have had veneers on my front teeth since 1988. My dentist and I have a standing joke that they are older than the dental nurse.

MollyHuaCha Thu 26-Jan-17 22:14:53

I wish I could have my original childhood teeth back for a second chance - this time I would go easy on the sweets and squash drinks, I would brush properly, I would introduce myself to flossing and interdental brushes and ask for twice yearly cleans with the hygienist. Oh if only...

isobelaisobela Fri 27-Jan-17 06:18:27

Mine was eating disorders for years since being 13 sad

Mrsmorton Fri 27-Jan-17 17:15:31

Why is it a problem that the back f your teeth look like that? It is almost certainly just staining that could be cleaned off by a hygienist. That's what the back of teeth seem to look like for a number of reasons.

For the life of me, I can't see what warrants a complaint... your dentist isn't doing anything to the back of your teeth?

BobbyNoggle Fri 27-Jan-17 21:03:46

I agree with Mrsmorton - why on earth would this warrant a complaint?

fluffiphlox Fri 27-Jan-17 21:41:32

Sorry I meant complain about the veneer falling off not the staining.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now