Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

can i make sure i'm not on my period when i' on holiday

(6 Posts)
tinkerbellie Fri 23-Feb-07 11:11:37

i have thid awful feeling that i willbe on when i'm away, we are only going for a week and haven't been for 5 years so would rather not be

is there any way to make sure that i am not (other than being preggers) i am not current;y on the pill and am really regular, my sister says you can get a pill from the docs to stop it but didn't want to be bloated either

has anyone got any advice

isaidno Fri 23-Feb-07 20:17:07

I think the only way is to go on the combined pill and take 2 packs consecutively so you do not have a bleed.

lulumama Fri 23-Feb-07 20:17:57

yes,, you go to the gps and ask for norethisterone.....should hold it off or run the packs of pill together!

tissy Fri 23-Feb-07 20:29:17

make sure you leave enough time before you go though- you usually start the pill (IIRC)on day1 of your cycle, i.e. the first day of your period, so you need to start the tablets a month BEFORE you are due to go

swedishmum Sat 24-Feb-07 00:17:32

My poor dd (13) has had her period the last 2 times we've been away, and each time was only for a week .

Sugarmagnolia Sat 24-Feb-07 08:07:25

Yes - if you're on a combined pill just run the two packs together without a break. It's fine to do that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now