Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

can i make sure i'm not on my period when i' on holiday

(6 Posts)
tinkerbellie Fri 23-Feb-07 11:11:37

i have thid awful feeling that i willbe on when i'm away, we are only going for a week and haven't been for 5 years so would rather not be

is there any way to make sure that i am not (other than being preggers) i am not current;y on the pill and am really regular, my sister says you can get a pill from the docs to stop it but didn't want to be bloated either

has anyone got any advice

isaidno Fri 23-Feb-07 20:17:07

I think the only way is to go on the combined pill and take 2 packs consecutively so you do not have a bleed.

lulumama Fri 23-Feb-07 20:17:57

yes,, you go to the gps and ask for norethisterone.....should hold it off or run the packs of pill together!

tissy Fri 23-Feb-07 20:29:17

make sure you leave enough time before you go though- you usually start the pill (IIRC)on day1 of your cycle, i.e. the first day of your period, so you need to start the tablets a month BEFORE you are due to go

swedishmum Sat 24-Feb-07 00:17:32

My poor dd (13) has had her period the last 2 times we've been away, and each time was only for a week .

Sugarmagnolia Sat 24-Feb-07 08:07:25

Yes - if you're on a combined pill just run the two packs together without a break. It's fine to do that.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: