Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Red mark on breast

(8 Posts)
elizabeth27 Thu 15-Dec-16 10:13:42

Hi all

I've woken up this morning and noticed I have a small - about the soze of a pound coin - red circle on my breast - it's red around the outside and the flaky in the middle. I'm currently 36 weeks pregnant - any advice - I will try and get a doctors appointment x

hanban89 Thu 15-Dec-16 22:07:20

Defoe speak to the GP, but I just wanted to add that I had something like this a couple months ago. It had a tiny flake of skin in the middle and picked it off and the thing wouldn't stop bleeding! I never went to GP but it has cleared up. Yours could be pregnancy related perhaps, but always get things checked if your worried.

NavyandWhite Thu 15-Dec-16 22:14:42

I would get it checked OP.

HammersWidow Thu 15-Dec-16 22:16:46

Ringworm?

elizabeth27 Sun 18-Dec-16 21:46:42

Thanks all - have a fungal cream from doc - although hasn't done a lot in 72 hours......it does look like ringworm but goodness knows how!

elizabeth27 Wed 28-Dec-16 08:46:09

Two doctors have told me it looks like ringworm and it did look like it was fading Christmas Eve but it's not looking any better now - no worse but no better - I'm thinking I could be breast feeding within the next two weeks - so thinking I'm going to have to head back to the gp a third time????

Randonneur Wed 28-Dec-16 08:49:30

Could it be excema?

elizabeth27 Wed 28-Dec-16 11:10:22

It could be I guess? Doesn't itch - I will stop with the fungal cream for a couple of days I think in case that's making it more aggregated and try the eczema cream that my daughter has ....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now