Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

52 Small Changes - Week 46

(6 Posts)
NightWanderer Sun 06-Nov-16 09:06:51

Week 46 - More Than skin Deep

There are countless care products on the market today. Whether you want to wash and condition your hair, brush your teeth, or erase wrinkles, there are hundreds of products that will attempt to address your needs. Due to a lack of rigid safety standards, however, product manufacturers use less than optimal ingredients, many of which have been deemed dtreimental to our health. Unfortunately, the United States government does not require health studies or pre-market testing for personal care products before they are sold. Not only do these products potentially pose risks to human health, but they may also impact wildlife, rivers, and streams when they are flushed or rinsed down our waste systems.

The change

Avoid personal care products that contain toxic ingredients.

Last week's change

NightWanderer Sun 06-Nov-16 09:09:48

I mostly do this but I'd be lost without talc and vaseline which are on her list.

NightWanderer Sun 06-Nov-16 09:12:01

Also, I think the EU is generally stricter than the US for this.

Stellar67 Sun 06-Nov-16 13:04:11

I do this apart from Vaseline too. I'm quite on the ball with natural or own made products.

quirkychick Tue 08-Nov-16 13:47:49

Checking back in. I'm pretty good at this, but not perfect. My hairdresser is organic, so all my hair stuff is too. I'm getting there slowly on the other stuff. I oil cleanse my face, so that's pretty good. Shower gel and makeup not so much.

I'm going to go back and check the weeks I've missed.

NightWanderer Tue 15-Nov-16 07:22:53

I added the next week's change here

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now