Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

TMI question about haemhorroids

(4 Posts)
MagicSocks Tue 01-Nov-16 16:53:09


After suffering from piles since having my DS four years ago, I now have a skin tag/deflated pile sticking out of my bottom blush. It's uncomfortable when I go to the loo and having separated from DS' father earlier this year I am thinking of starting dating again but can't bear the idea of anyone seeing it!

Has anybody else suffered from this? And has anyone had one removed? From what I hear the recovery is pretty unpleasant but it would be worth it to feel more confident, I really hate the thing. Do you know if it's possible to have this done on the NHS or would I have to go private, in which case how much money could I be looking at? Thank you.

MagicSocks Wed 02-Nov-16 11:55:57

Anyone at all?

mylittlephoney Wed 02-Nov-16 11:59:45

I don't think the nhs will remove them unless they impact on your ability to poop properly. I would ask around private doctors ect. Sorry it's bothering you.i hope you get your answer and good luck dating again. smile

sophree Wed 02-Nov-16 12:02:33

I think you can get it "quite simply" frozen off in the doctors surgery.
I had a friend who had skin tags on her vagina and they were frozen off right there in the room confused
Much easier than surgery though smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now