Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Sore in nostril

(8 Posts)
Littlebee76 Tue 04-Oct-16 21:16:45

I suffer from allergies quite a lot but they have calmed down since it's got chillier, however I have a sore in one of my nostrils which won't heal.

It just scabs, the scab comes off then there ms a bit of blood then scabs again but it's constantly annoying as I can feel it in my nostril.

I've tried sudocream but it's not working.
Any ideas?

OrangeSquashTallGlass Tue 04-Oct-16 21:22:54

Is it a cold sore? I had one up my nose once so you have my sympathies!! I put cold sore cream on it or took tablets (can't remember which, possibly both) and it went away.

Haggisfish Tue 04-Oct-16 21:24:06

I got a skin infection-dr could quickly tell by looking and I got antibiotic cream. I had slightly odd thin yellow and smelly discharge (nice!).

Littlebee76 Tue 04-Oct-16 21:27:18

I'm not sure if it's a cold sore, it's like a little scab but feels huge in my nose.
I've had it months now but thought it would go after the hayfever went..

Roomba Tue 04-Oct-16 21:30:43

I had something similar years ago, it turned out to be impetigo (thanks toddler DS for scratching me!). It does usually spread though, so if you've had it months without that happening that sounds unlikely. It could be a different infection though? I'd get it looked at by your GP.

Palomb Tue 04-Oct-16 21:33:43

I used to get a staph infection in my nostrils every winter I worked in nursing homes and germs were rife. My dr used to give me a tube of stuff called naseptin which I had to apply with a cotton bud. That knocked it on the head pretty quick.

I haven't had it since I stopped working in care.

mummmypirate Wed 05-Oct-16 22:31:57

I get this after every cold. Really painful. My gp says it's because i carry a staph infection. You need Bactroban on prescription, an anti-bac ointment. Will be much better in 24 hrs.

buckingfrolicks Sat 08-Oct-16 23:56:40

I had this. Get nasosept from docs and it cleared up super fast. Bliss.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now