Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Gp letter needed for esa home assessment

(17 Posts)
Governoress86 Tue 05-Jul-16 21:22:41

Hello.
I am currently on esa and pips for agoraphobia, anxiety and panic attacks. I have had 2 previous appointments to go for an assessment but unable to get there due to my condition.
I have told them i need a home visit and they said i would need a gps letter to get a home visit.

I have previously asked my gp twice now for a letter and her response was the dwp have to get in touch with her for a letter but the dwp have told me i have to obtain it as they can not get in touch with them.

My esa appointment is on 15th of july and i just wont be able to get there and do mot know what to do. Im not sleeping at night and im worried they will stop my benefits.

Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

MatildaTheCat Wed 06-Jul-16 21:09:25

Can you ask the DWP to put it into writing so you can show it to your GP? It sounds very difficult and frustrating.

AndNowItsSeven Wed 06-Jul-16 21:11:44

Atos/capita are lying to you the onus is on them to request the letter from your GP. Ring them and ask to speak to supervisor.

AndNowItsSeven Wed 06-Jul-16 21:14:53

Just thought I'd it maximus? If so go to this link
www.chdauk.co.uk/updates/2015/08/requesting-home-visit-if-you-cannot-travel-0

Print it off and take it to your GP.

Marilynsbigsister Wed 06-Jul-16 21:19:26

I am assuming that your GP makes home visits when you need to see her ?'if so, just call the practice manager and ask them to confirm that you are a 'home visit' only patient. Send this letter to DWP.

ValhallaAwaits Wed 06-Jul-16 21:23:55

Firstly, call and make sure they're aware you cannot mark the appointment.

Next, ask them to send you a letter you can show your GP, that states they need a letter from your GP.

Ask a friend or family member to deliver said letter to your GP's office.

My BIL suffers very similar, and it was a pain in the rear end, but with patience and clear instructions over the phone we got it sorted.

AndNowItsSeven Wed 06-Jul-16 21:26:35

Valhalla the link shows the GP that the op needs a letter.

Governoress86 Wed 06-Jul-16 21:34:50

My gp has only done me a home visit once the rest of the time i do phone call appointments. Its just really frustrating as the gp is telling me one thing and the dwp are telling me another. Im struggling with the stress if it all and its making my condition worse.

Im not sure who the company is. It just says on the letter that its centre for health and disability assessments

ValhallaAwaits Wed 06-Jul-16 21:36:41

Sorry, I missed that AndNowItsSeven

AndNowItsSeven Wed 06-Jul-16 21:39:51

Op print these off

AndNowItsSeven Wed 06-Jul-16 21:40:48

Valhalla I just think they will refer her to that page rather than writing a letter it should hopefully be enough to convince the GP.

Governoress86 Wed 06-Jul-16 21:41:17

I have just found out it is maximus.

AndNowItsSeven Wed 06-Jul-16 21:42:23

Ok that link Is for maximus.

Governoress86 Wed 06-Jul-16 21:42:31

Thank you andnowitsseven

AndNowItsSeven Wed 06-Jul-16 21:43:58

No prob it's really crap situation to be in. Also I don't agree that someone being able to attend a GP app can necessarily attend an assessment the anxiety levels and distance involved could be considerably different.

Governoress86 Wed 06-Jul-16 21:51:15

My gp forced me to go down to the surgery for an appointment just before xmas as she said she would not prescribe me any more medication or a fit note and i was a wreck.
I got a home visit straight away when i got assessed for pips and got that .

Musicaltheatremum Wed 06-Jul-16 22:28:07

The forms I fill in for esa usually ask at the end if the patient can travel to the surgery so the GP is correct.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now