Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Dh thinking of vasectomy- zero info from GP but straight to booking in stage

(3 Posts)
SquirrelFruitandNutkin Wed 15-Jun-16 19:42:00

Dh (without talking I me at all) asked the GP about the possibility of getting the snip. GP asked him a few questions. General health stuff and if he was done with having kids, even with a new wife. That was that. He's come home with a choose and book form!

Don't get me wrong, I'm more than happy with dh having the snip - I've done all the birth control so far and had 2 c sections. And I am NEVER having kids again! My 2 are all I need!

But shouldn't the GP be offering a bit more information before dh goes and makes a massive decision? confused

kyz1981 Wed 15-Jun-16 19:52:44

At the appointment he will meet with a nurse who will talk through the procedure and he will have a telephone consultation beforehand. My DM is a vasectomy nurse, and after consultations several decide not to go ahead. Hope that helps

SquirrelFruitandNutkin Wed 15-Jun-16 20:08:34

I suppose that's something then. At the moment he's reduced to Dr Google which is never a great idea.
I assumed there would be a leaflet or something! blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now