Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Sinus pain in pregnancy. Can't cope any more

(5 Posts)
Hopelass Wed 25-May-16 16:29:01

I've had some sort of cold/flu bug over the last two weeks (DP and DS have also had it) cold symptoms, fever, shivering, aching body, headache, nausea, no appetite etc etc spent a few days in bed and am 18 weeks pregnant. My issue is that although the aching and fever has gone the cold symptoms have not and I have such a bad sinus headache that's been going on for three days and feels like stabbing in my eyes when I bend down or over. I've just cried for 10 minutes solid scaring toddler DS and made it worse blush has anyone any ideas? Paracetamol is not touching it and I can't take anything else sad

Hooleywhipper Wed 25-May-16 16:34:35

OP I empathise I had this in my second pregnancy. Never known pain like it. Try steaming and nasal sprays,they did ease a little of the pressure pain.

Hopelass Wed 25-May-16 16:45:08

Ooh thank you hadn't thought of steaming, I'll put the kettle on flowers

Hopelass Wed 25-May-16 17:02:07

The steaming is helping thank you so much! It's even helping my ears pop?!? I'd normally have a mega hot bath which would have a similar effect but can't even do that being pregnant. Steaming is the obvious solution so thank you again for pointing it out starflowers I love mumsnet.

LivingInMidnight Wed 25-May-16 19:24:12

You could also try sinus irrigation. It can work really well!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now