Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

DM has mild blepharitus - anyone have it

(8 Posts)
SquareholeRoundpeg Mon 25-Apr-16 22:46:54

And what do you do to relieve the symptoms?

blueberryporridge Mon 25-Apr-16 23:40:29

I get this from time to time. Optician told me to bathe it with mild baby bath solution but I had Liz Earle eye bright solution in the house anyway which has camomile and witch hazel in it so I tried that and it seemed to do the trick! I also find that some face creams etc seem to make the blepharitus worse by causing itching around my eyelashes so I am very careful what creams I use round about my eyes.

Whitecoconut Tue 26-Apr-16 18:47:51

Dilute a few drops of baby shampoo in boiled warm water and dab with cotton bud along the lashes.

LIZS Tue 26-Apr-16 18:49:33

Baby shampoo. Hot gel eye mask.

Coldtoeswarmheart Sun 01-May-16 20:41:20

Baby shampoo in water to clean lids, hot flannel compress on eyes for 5-10 mins at night before cleaning, use drops for dry eyes during the day. Lay off the makeup when it's flared up. I also take loratidine, as mine is worse in hayfever season.

BeauGlacons Sun 01-May-16 21:43:08

dd had this. We used to use baby shampoo diluted warm water to keep it at bay. Funnily enough, since she started using eye make-up and using my No 7, 3 in one wipes regularly it seems almost to have disappeared. confused

80sMum Sun 01-May-16 21:49:36

I have it. I use a hot eye mask and then wash the eyelids with SteriLid Gel. I also use artificial tears from time to time.

WhirlwindHugs Sun 01-May-16 21:53:12

Mine was caused by stress!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now